HCF was released a few days ago. Major changes that separate it from normal factions are:
- no /spawn - everyone must trek to spawn, which is located at 0,0
- The currency is emeralds. Trade ores for them at spawn
- On death normal players get banned for 3 hours. Donators get banned for a decreased time.
- You can only raid a fac if their DTR is below 0. You cannot use TNT. Building bases on the surface is encouraged.
- Many pots are disabled.
- Enchantments are limited to let new players catch up.
- Nether portal is at spawn. End portals are at the end of the paths that start at spawn.
- There are many more minor changes.
Just as a clarification, the old factions is here to stay, as HCF is a very niche gamemode that doesn't appeal to everyone.
New changes and bug fixes are going to be rolling out for HCF. Prison is also going to be reset soon.